Friday, November 12, 2010

Disney days, Part 1

On Thursday, after having a good breakfast at the hotel, we headed out for Disneyland.


Just outside the hotel. I think Miss V is still a little annoyed with me at this point.


There are huge date palms everywhere around this hotel. I wondered what the dates would taste like.


So I tried climbing the tree, but it was just taking too long.


Besides, here's our bus!


And here's me riding with Captain Midnight on the bus.


We're in Disneyland! Can you see me in this picture?


Disneyland looked... unusually festive for this time of year. I found out they decorate very early for Christmas.


We caught sight of a famous mouse... but I haven't met him yet.


We also went to Pirates of the Caribbean. Arr, adventure and salty old pirates!


Soozcat took a picture inside the ride (which you're not supposed to do... naughty Soozcat!) of the Blue Bayou Restaurant. We're going to eat lunch there on Day 2 of our trip.


New Orleans Square was all fancied up for a Mardi Gras-style Christmas celebration.


It was really beautiful.


Captain Midnight and I also took a picture outside of Club 33, the secret club inside New Orleans Square. Since we are not members, we didn't go inside.


Instead, we went to the Haunted Mansion.


This is the time of year when Jack Skellington and the residents of Halloweentown take over the Mansion and try to make their own kind of Christmas.

It didn't look very Christmasy to me, but it was still fun.


Next, we rode the Indiana Jones ride.


I didn't think I would be tall enough to go...


But look, I'm just the right size!



Here I am in the bat cave. It was creepy. I did not see Batman in the bat cave.


I was also tall enough to ride the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Here's part of the track.


And here's a train coming along the track. You can't tell here, but it's going SO FAST.


Yes, of course, we went on Splash Mountain. I think everybody in this family is a big ham.


Then we had lunch at Rancho del Zocalo. I can't believe I ate the whooooole thing.

More in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Indiana Jones is my favorite ride. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really bumpy. I think I liked the part with the skeleton warriors firing darts the best.

    ReplyDelete