Saturday, April 2, 2011

Adventures in landmark observation


The subway was really empty this morning. REALLY empty. My hostess tells me this is unusual.


That was just as well, because we were taking a long ride all the way to the southern tip of Manhattan Island.


This place is called Castle Clinton. It's in a park called Battery Park.


You can tell it's a real castle because it has cannons inside to defend it from enemies.


Too bad they wouldn't let me shoot any of the cannons. I would've been great at repelling pirates. Take that, pirates! ARR!


This squirrel kept following me around. I think he was stalking me or something. Or maybe he'd just never seen a Lego guy before.


After a looooong time of waiting, I got on a ferryboat to go to an island. Nice day for it, though.


Here's who was on the island.


It's the Statue of Liberty! Isn't she awesome?


I would have used the binoculars to get an even better picture, but I didn't have 50 cents. Bah.

We walked around, bought some postcards, had some lunch, and goofed off.


Eventually I left the lady behind (bye lady!) and went back to the mainland.


This is what the Empire State Building looks like from the ground. Pretty tall, huh?

In the evening I went to see a musical, but they didn't allow me to take any pictures, so I can't show you. Sorry. It was pretty fun, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment