Monday, April 4, 2011

Goin' down to Witchytown

On Monday I got into a car headed for Salem, Massachusetts.


I was pretty hungry by the time we got there, so we went to a diner called Dotty & Ray's.


They have good food. I got a lobster roll and crispy onion rings... mmmmmm. But I didn't take a picture of it because I was too busy going OM NOM NOM.


When we were done, Lisa (the lady behind the counter) asked if we would like some dessert. She had some Grape-Nut pudding, which none of us had ever tried before, so we took that.


Time to dig in.


Hey, who turned out all the lights?

Once I'd gotten cleaned up and we'd paid the bill (if you go, remember to bring cash!), we headed out to find some more information about Salem's past.


This scary-looking old building is the home of the Salem Witch Museum.


Back in 1692 in Salem, a whole lot of people were accused of being witches and actually taken to court. Some of them were hanged. Others died in prison. It was all pretty horrible.

Inside this building there are wax sculptures of some of the people who were part of the trials, and they show the sculptures and tell you a little about what happened.


Oddly enough, they also have a gift shop.


Oh hey, dragon notebook! This thing is cool!

Eventually, we got tired of the Witch Museum and went for a drive in the country.


We came to some spooky woods. Spoooooooky. I think I could believe there are actual witches out here.


Maybe it's time to leave these spooky woods.


Instead, we went to the local library. Not very spooky in here.

And then we went to a hotel, which was boring, so I didn't take any pictures. It was comfy, though. I fell asleep really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment