Friday, April 1, 2011

Pearl River

Today was a day of exploring stores.


We headed out from our local subway station.


By the way, the subway system is in some places pretty heavily covered with crud. I think maybe New York City needs an OCD Brigade, going forth heavily armed with bleach solution and cans of Lysol.

Moving along... today we went to Pearl River Mart, which is three stories of all kinds of awesomeness that comes from faraway lands of Asia... mostly China, with some things from Japan and Korea as well.


I cannot even tell you all the cool stuff there was in this store. There were all kinds of toys and candies, herbal teas, noodles, fancy clothes, books, little statues of Buddha with a big tummy, waterfalls and reflecting pools for inside the house, Mah Jongg sets -- it was crazy.


This tea set was almost the right size for me. Too bad I'm not a big fan of tea.


Check out the blue dragons in this huge bowl! RAHR! GRAAAH!

I wanted to see more, but my hostess had to go do stuff with her friends that night, so we had to go home early instead. *SIGH*


We went home on the subway, which fortunately wasn't too crowded.


A few people gave me some strange looks on the subway. Haven't they ever seen a Lego person before?

Hmm, maybe they haven't. Hi, subway people!

Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment